AirMark® is a durable preformed thermoplastic pavement marking material. Whether the need is for linear delineation or horizontal surface signage, AirMark® is best suited for markings such as taxiway, hold position, geographic position, vehicle roadway, aprons, ramps, and at aircraft parking and tie downs.
Sherwin Industries, Inc. is a Certified AirMark Applicator
Benefits of Using AirMark®
- Included in current AC 150/5370-10 Item P-620
- Inscriptions (letters/numbers) on surface signage made according to current FAA AC 150/5340-1 or ICAO standards accordingly
- Application only by AirMark® Certified Applicators requiring large infrared heater according to specification
- Manufacturing control at ISO 9001:2008 certified facility ensures consistent material thickness and composition to meet specification
- Clean, crisp appearance
- Applies to asphalt and portland cement concrete (including Green concrete)
- Supplied at 65 mil for cost-effective service life and performance
- Highest quality UV-resistant pigments
- Conforms to pavement contours, breaks and faults
- Interconnected segments of material–typically supplied on rolls–saves significant time when positioning marking for application
- Retroreflective glass beads are mixed throughout material at time of manufacturing. As the marking wears new beads are exposed for retained retroreflectivity.
- Indents in top surface of material provide a visual cue during application for proper heat and bead embedment
- Resistant to aviation and motor fuels, lubricants, de-icers, etc.
- Can be reopened to traffic in as little as 15 minutes depending on current conditions
- No lead chromate, heavy metal compounds or VOCs